Welcome to my blog...ponderings of life, patchwork & longarm quilting by WandaQuilts from Montgomery County, TX.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life Marches On

It's been so long since I posted, it's hard to know where to start....Today is my birthday so it's a good day to get posting again! The Attic Studio has become my 'nest' so to speak & I'm working on a selvege project. If you know me you know that I can't do just one - have to do 3 or 4 of them, but they are small so here's the bait....I'll post pics tomorrow. (I took my prototype by a drapery shop last week. Both girls there want one and I have to make one for my DMIL so 4 is not too many...it is barely enough!)
My students started on our BOM last week. Here is a pic of me showing how to make those points meet on a pinwheel block. (Thank you Alex Anderson, your tips are so good I have to share them....."Alex Anderson said......')











The next pic is me showing Joan 'how to use a seam ripper'! Joan's block only lacked one seam when she had to leave. I am enjoying teaching this class so much, it's really expanding my horizons. Good thing eigh?






I traveled with DH/Royal Restrooms on Sat to Mardi Gras in Galveston. Thank me that I did not take any pics! Actually, he was working, 'attending' a high profile event & I chose to stay in the truck. The event was a private party in an elaborate tent set up over one city block, just off The Strand. I had a great view of everything going on at the party, on The Strand, and the streets of Galveston from my 'bubble' so to speak, from 8:30 PM until 2:AM. At one point there were 8 police vehicles within just a few feet of our truck so I was feeling safe enough to take a nap. Yeah, I'm a real party animal! Back to my nest to my selveges....
-W

No comments:

Post a Comment