Welcome to my blog...ponderings of life, patchwork & longarm quilting by WandaQuilts from Montgomery County, TX.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Soliciting Ideas...and a fun picture search!

I have some hand-dyed fabric that I bought on E-Bay in '04 I think. Those of you who know me may know the story but those who don't - it was a nightmare! Pics are in my Webshots album 'Fabric Fiasco'. Webshots sends me a notice every week and lots of people look at these pics every week...this has been ongoing since I posted the pics. I am very curious as to why this is consistent and ongoing. I'm thinking that someone who teaches fabric dyeing is referencing the album ....and I think that is wonderful! I'm just curious, so if you have viewed these pictures prior to my referencing them here and now, please comment and tell me what lead you to the album the first time you viewed it. here is a link My Fabric Fiasco Webshots Album

OK, when I say I bought 'some' fabric {some = 240 yds + 30 yds replacement fabric}! Needless to say after going thru every bolt and tearing into fat qtrs, (the goldenrod obviously had issues) pressing, making FQ packs of 8 gradation, and selling a fraction at local quilt shows, I discovered that they were NOT colorfast, as the E-Bay description swore they were!  I listed some packs on E-Bay and donated packs to my guild & fellow quilters, etc. with the express knowledge that they ARE NOT COLORFAST! ....and I still have hundreds of FQ's. Just for fun, see if you can find them in the pic with "what was I thinking???" post. (Hint: it's near the Featherweight)



All of this said, with the ongoing downsizing project, Haiti in the news, my interest in this blogging, which I am enjoying way too much, - I want to use this fabric I need to be shed of, but I am not sure how many I have or how exactly to go about it so I'm going to get back to work, calculate how many I have and ponder how to use this fabric to help in Haiti. They are not going upstairs with me....it is time to let them go. I have an Etsy account.....hmm.
Top assembled from these fabrics in 2005 ....ask me where I found that fabric that incorporated those same 3 colors!

Any ideas fellow quilting blog enthusiasts? I'm not the marketing guru some of you are so please give me your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment