Welcome to my blog...ponderings of life, patchwork & longarm quilting by WandaQuilts from Montgomery County, TX.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Vienna on my mind

Vienna was my DH's previous wife, they had 3 children (Chris, Brandon, Melissa), then Vienna married Kenny and had 3 more (Sarah, Frank, Amy). Vienna passed away (breast cancer) when Amy was 3. That was 5+ years ago. Vienna's first grand child was born on the same date she passed away, 5 years later.

Fast forward about 9 months....Gabriel came to Texas to see all his family! 
Grandpa is so talented....can hold Gabriel and take a self pic at the same time!

Melissa, Sarah & Amy.
Great Grandparents, Jack & Lois Weikel from Montana...

This is a group shot of almost everyone who came, Jeff is the photographer so he's not in there and George & Carol Miller from Waco, TX. had already headed home. Thanks so much for coming everyone! I had a wonderful day.

Vienna took me by the hand and looked me in the eyes before she died. She said, 'Thank you for taking care of my kids'. I didn't really understand at the time, but she did. I could not figure out what I had done that she was thanking me for. Now, I get it.

'No, Vienna; Thank You!' They bring me more joy than I could have ever imagined, so much so, that I sometimes feel guilty for experiencing the joy that is rightfully yours, that comes with nurturing them, no matter how old or how big they get. Happy Mother's Day to all women, even the one's who never gave birth.

2 comments:

  1. Now your post makes me want to cry....that is the sweetest sweetest thing you could do for her.....you are a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wanda

    I think it is lovely that you have taken Vienna's children and nurtured and loved them. How peaceful would Vienna have felt knowing she was passing her children into the care of such a great Mum when she couldnt be there to mother her children herself.

    Both you and her are extraordinary women. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete