Welcome to my blog...ponderings of life, patchwork & longarm quilting by WandaQuilts from Montgomery County, TX.

Monday, November 30, 2009

After Thanksgiving Frenzy

The good news in my studio is, I finished a top that I started in 2006. It was a Jody Barrows pattern that went astray w/the help of yours truly, so it got set aside. The 2 different blocks are fairly intricate and were to be alternate blocks for a beautiful quilt but mine did not go together so well. I pieced the 16 intricate blocks to make a medallion and then sorta 'round robin-ed' from there w/limited BG fabric & the alternating blocks. I had to construct 2 additional blocks to have enough to balance & she turned out to be almost 100" square! The fun part is I made 2 'sausage pillowcases' (youtube search) with scraps & the binding. Decide on a backing & this one is ready to quilt! I've got it all neatly put away for now but will quilt it soon. Look for 'Bright Lights/Southern Nights', so named since the original pattern was 'southern' something & these blocks were pieced in a hotel room in Las Vegas during a fitness trade show Jeff was working.  
Next, I have to get Christmas done! 90% of our families are in other parts of the country so I have to get Christmas packages wrapped, labeled, packaged & shipped, usually by Dec 15th. We have a 10 day road trip commencing on or about Dec 10th this year so...OK, the Chicago pkg does not have to be shipped & I can get the new grandson a swingset or a trampoline! Yeah right! Better stick with a stuffed animal & a new outfit.....like a ninja suit! Much better than the monkey suit they put him in for halloween!
Any ideas for quick gift projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment